Improvements we have made following your feedback
As a direct result of the global pandemic Forest Medical Group simplified the booking system to meet the demands of the local community and ensure safety for the patients & clinicians was paramount. As a result all patients are asked to call on the day at 8am and the reception team will signpost them to the most appropriate pathway.
Given the feedback received we understand that a more accessible and flexible approach is now required coupled with moving out of the pandemic.
The telephone notifications you hear when you call into the practice will been altered and updated to help signpost you to the best most efficient pathway, these include:
- The option to quickly cancel an appointment using the telephone buttons on your keypad. This will reduce the time in the queue and also allow more appointments to be available through a quick and easy cancellation process.
- To reduce the amount of patients calling at peak time we are now advising patients who are calling for non-urgent matters to call after 11am. This will not only reduce the time in the queue for patients with urgent matters but calls after 11am will be answered in a timely manner.
- Sometimes it is quicker and easier to use your local pharmacy to address patient issue, the telephone notifications have been updated to remind all patients calling in of this service and a summary of the type of conditions that can be addressed by this service.
- We also have an on line service called Engage Consult. This is available 24/7 and works intuitively to signpost you to the best possible pathway. However, the option to contact the practice is also available.
- We will be making more & more forms available on line so you can gain quick and easy access to the resources that you need. These include travel forms, change of address forms and much more.
- A number of online appointments will also be made available again as we emerge from the pandemic, making it even easier to make an appointment at a time that is convenient for you.
- You can also use your NHS app to book these on line appointments. You may have recently downloaded this for your COVID passport.
Ways to get in touch and informed
As new services, improvements and changes are made to the practice we always aim to keep our patients informed, so why not follow us on:
In the practice
Please see the notice boards in the waiting room that are updated on a regular basis.