Urgent On The Day Appointments
IMPORTANT MESSAGE DO NOT attend the surgery if you have: flu/cold symptoms/fever/ a new persistent cough/hoarsemess/shortness of breath/sore throat/ wheeze. See 111.nhs.uk or book a telephone appointment.
Following Public Health England guidance we have now implemented the following appointment system.
- We no longer offer pre bookable appointments
- All patients that need to be see a GP will now have to ring from 8am on the day for a telephone consultation.
- Please be advised if the GP feels a face to face consultation necessary, you will need to make yourself available on the day.
- You will also be asked a series of questions by the reception team to ensure that you are being signposted to the appropriate pathway.
- This website is updated daily with the latest information.
Whilst we encourage our patients to come to the surgery, where we have the proper equipment and facilities available, we do appreciate this is not always possible. In this respect, if you do need a home visit, you can help us by calling reception before 10:00.
You may only request a home visit if you are housebound or are too ill to visit the practice. Your GP will only visit you at home if they think that your medical condition requires it and will also decide how urgently a visit is needed. Please bear this in mind and be prepared to provide suitable details to enable the doctor to schedule house calls
You can also be visited at home by a community nurse if you are referred by your GP. You should also be visited at home by a health visitor if you have recently had a baby or if you are newly registered with a GP and have a child under five years.
Doctors Working Patterns
Listed below are the normal working patterns of each GP, please note these are subject to change due to sickness, holidays & training.
- Dr Ahyow - Monday, Wednesday AM
- Dr Kant - Temporary unavilable
- Dr Milton - Monday, Tuesday AM, Wednesday AM, Thursday AM, Friday
- Dr Badiani - Monday, Tuesday AM, Wednesday, Thursday AM, Friday
- Dr Ranpura - Tuesday, Wednesday AM, Thursday AM, Friday AM
- Dr Kinnell - Monday AM, Wednesday AM, Thursday
- Dr Mistry - Monday AM, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Dr Patel - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
When attending the doctor or nurse for some examinations or tests you may prefer to have a chaperone present.
Please let the receptionists know if you would like a chaperone. We can give the following choices:
- Arrange an appointment so that you can be seen by a doctor of the same sex
- You may bring a friend or relative of your choice with you
- Arrange for another nurse or doctor to be present during your examination
- One of the receptionists can be present in the consulting room
Forest House Medical Centre has a chaperone policy available to read on request.
Cancellations & Reminders
Cancel an Appointment
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have defaulted from your appointment. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the list.
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.
Late For Your Appointment
Please attend your appointment on time, if you are late you may not be seen. If you are not seen you will not be able to rearrange your appointment until the next working day-except in the event of an medical emergency that requires immediate attention.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your Doctor please notify the receptionist and she will arrange this for you.